Subject: [bug#31733] [PATCH] gnu: encfs: Update to 1.9.5.

From: Pierre Neidhardt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2018 16:04:57 +0200

>> Any particular reason you decided to use '(zero? (system* ...))' rather
>> than '(invoke ...)' for this phase? I tried it with 'invoke' and it
>> worked fine.

I did not know about `invoke' :)
I just found its definition in guix/build/utils.scm.

> Also, do note that the snippet needs to be updated, as bundled libraries
> (now including googletest) have moved to the "vendor" subdirectory. Once
> you remove the "vendor" subdirectory, you may have to add 'googletest'
> from '(gnu packages check)' to the native-inputs.

So the vender directory has 3 dependencies:

- tinyxml which is already used externally, so it's safe to remove the
  embedded version.

- easyloggingpp which is not packaged in Guix I believe.  We need to
  package it first before we can remove it.

- googletest: this one does not have an option in CMakeList.txt to be
  used externally.  So either we report upstream or we patch the
  CMakeList.txt.

All things considered, why not sticking to the vendored libraries?

What do you think?

-- 
Pierre Neidhardt