Subject: bug#31724: 24.5; Ispell not finding dictionary in Gentoo

From: Stefan Kuczera <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2018 15:29:03 +0200

Ispell is not recognizing aspell in Gentoo Linux as the aspell version
name includes the letters r and c (currently: 0.60.7_rc1). This can be
fixed by changing:

"(but really Aspell \\([0-9]+\\.[0-9\\.-]+\\)?)" nil t)

to

"(but really Aspell \\([0-9]+\\.[0-9rc\\.-]+\\)?)" nil t)

in ispell.el

In GNU Emacs 24.5.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.22.29)
  of 2018-06-05 on ThinkPad
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11905000
Configured using:
  `configure --prefix=/usr --build=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
  --host=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu --mandir=/usr/share/man
  --infodir=/usr/share/info --datadir=/usr/share --sysconfdir=/etc
  --localstatedir=/var/lib --disable-dependency-tracking
  --disable-silent-rules --docdir=/usr/share/doc/emacs-24.5-r5
  --htmldir=/usr/share/doc/emacs-24.5-r5/html --libdir=/usr/lib64
  --program-suffix=-emacs-24 --infodir=/usr/share/info/emacs-24
  --localstatedir=/var
  --enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
  --with-gameuser=:gamestat --without-compress-install --without-hesiod
  --with-file-notification=inotify --enable-acl --with-dbus --with-gpm
  --without-kerberos --without-kerberos5 --without-xml2 --without-selinux
  --with-gnutls --without-wide-int --with-zlib --with-sound=alsa --with-x
  --without-ns --without-gconf --without-gsettings
  --without-toolkit-scroll-bars --with-gif --with-jpeg --with-png
  --with-rsvg --with-tiff --with-xpm --without-imagemagick --with-xft
  --without-libotf --without-m17n-flt --with-x-toolkit=gtk3
  'CFLAGS=-march=native -O2 -pipe' CPPFLAGS= 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1
  -Wl,--as-needed -no-pie''

Important settings:
   value of $LC_COLLATE: en_NZ.UTF-8
   value of $LC_CTYPE: en_NZ.UTF-8
   value of $LC_MESSAGES: en_NZ.UTF-8
   locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Emacs-Lisp

Minor modes in effect:
   shell-dirtrack-mode: t
   global-auto-complete-mode: t
   auto-complete-mode: t
   show-paren-mode: t
   tooltip-mode: t
   electric-indent-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   tool-bar-mode: t
   menu-bar-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   blink-cursor-mode: t
   auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t
   column-number-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
Copying 
/su:root@localhost:/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/textmodes/ispell.el to 
/su:root@localhost:/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/textmodes/ispell.el~...done
Copying /tmp/tramp.15930iDw.el to 
/su:root@localhost:/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/textmodes/ispell.el...done
Wrote /su:root@localhost:/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/textmodes/ispell.el
Tramp: Inserting 
`/su:root@localhost:/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/textmodes/ispell.el'...done
Function ad-Advice-flymake-on-timer-event is already compiled
Compiling 
/su:root@localhost:/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/textmodes/ispell.el...done
Copying /tmp/tramp.15930hXF.elc15930vN2 to 
/su:root@localhost:/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/textmodes/ispell.elc15930vN2...done
Renaming 
/su:root@localhost:/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/textmodes/ispell.elc15930vN2 
to /su:root@localhost:/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/textmodes/ispell.elc...done
Wrote /su:root@localhost:/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/textmodes/ispell.elc
Making completion list...

Load-path shadows:
/home/stefan/.emacs.d/elpa/flim-20160311.1537/hex-util hides 
/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/hex-util
/home/stefan/.emacs.d/elpa/flim-20160311.1537/md4 hides 
/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/md4
/home/stefan/.emacs.d/elpa/flim-20160311.1537/sasl-cram hides 
/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/net/sasl-cram
/home/stefan/.emacs.d/elpa/flim-20160311.1537/hmac-md5 hides 
/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/net/hmac-md5
/home/stefan/.emacs.d/elpa/flim-20160311.1537/hmac-def hides 
/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/net/hmac-def
/home/stefan/.emacs.d/elpa/flim-20160311.1537/sasl hides 
/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/net/sasl
/home/stefan/.emacs.d/elpa/flim-20160311.1537/sasl-ntlm hides 
/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/net/sasl-ntlm
/home/stefan/.emacs.d/elpa/flim-20160311.1537/ntlm hides 
/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/net/ntlm
/home/stefan/.emacs.d/elpa/flim-20160311.1537/sasl-digest hides 
/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/net/sasl-digest

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mail-utils tramp-sh tramp-cache
tramp tramp-compat auth-source eieio byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile
cconv eieio-core gnus-util mm-util mail-prsvr password-cache
tramp-loaddefs trampver shell pcomplete format-spec misearch
multi-isearch ispell ielm pp flycheck find-func subr-x advice help-fns
flymake compile esmd derived tcl origami origami-parsers rx s
ucs-normalize dash easy-mmode reftex reftex-vars cl-extra yasnippet
help-mode cl python json comint ring ansi-color highlight-symbol
thingatpt auto-complete-config auto-complete edmacro kmacro cl-macs gv
popup cl-loaddefs cl-lib paren cus-start cus-load tex-site
auto-complete-auctex-autoloads auto-complete-c-headers-autoloads
auto-complete-chunk-autoloads color-theme-autoloads ctable-autoloads
undo-tree-autoloads info easymenu package epg-config site-gentoo
time-date tooltip electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar
rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak
czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button
faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64
format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote make-network-process dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 380761 26213)
  (symbols 48 32874 0)
  (miscs 40 218 571)
  (strings 32 67848 11419)
  (string-bytes 1 1951791)
  (vectors 16 49484)
  (vector-slots 8 863257 10565)
  (floats 8 327 447)
  (intervals 56 4922 672)
  (buffers 960 19))