Subject: Re: bug#31719: icedtea-3 binaries contain references to icedtea-2

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2021 18:38:56 +0200

Hi Carlo,

Carlo Zancanaro <[email-masked]> skribis:

> From 60101b27543b7cc41a052d5bec95234ea4977d35 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
> From: Carlo Zancanaro <[email-masked]>
> Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2021 21:22:20 +1000
> Subject: [PATCH] gnu: Fix openjdk library substitution when libraries aren't
>  found
>
> * gnu/packages/java.scm (icedtea-8, openjdk9, openjdk11): Fix JNI library
> substitution to not substitute #f if the library can't be found.

Thanks for the update patch!  Please mention ‘find-library’ in the
commit log, for clarity.

I think you can go and push it to master given that OpenJDK is probably
broken due to those #f right now.  However, please push an additional
commit at the same time that adds those #:disallowed-references I
proposed.  (Though you’ll have to rebuild openjdk@11 to be sure.)

Sounds good?

Ludo’.