Subject: Re: bug#31709: 27.0.50; Wishlist: Perhaps Emacs should load a file when getting a particular signal?

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2018 17:38:28 +0300

> From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2018 15:31:00 +0200
> 
> > The node "Misc Events" in the ELisp manual explains how you can bind
> > commands to 'sigusr1' and 'sigusr2' pseudo-function keys.  Isn't that
> > what you want?
> 
> Like I said, if I knew that this was something that I was going to want,
> then I would have had it already.
> 
> What I'm proposing here is that Emacs should have this functionality by
> default, so that anybody can use it when they discover that they need
> it.

Which functionality? to load a file whose name is fixed in the
sources? because if it isn't fixed, you'd have to prepare the feature
anyway, so it isn't different from binding a key to a function.

Having a fixed file name in Emacs that is loaded by an external signal
would be a terrible security risk, no?