Subject: Re: bug#31695: [email-masked]

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2018 18:30:18 +0300

> Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2018 10:39:13 +0200
> From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
> 
>  > Now select frame $b, and execute some minibuffer command:
>  > M-: 1
>  >
>  > The point in the window of frame $b, which was at the bottom now jumps
>  > to the top of the buffer.  (This corresponds with the point in the
>  > buffer in the other frame where it is displayed.
> 
> This should be fixed now on the Emacs 26.2 release branch.

Are you sure it's a good idea to put this on the emacs-26 branch?
This bug is a mere annoyance, and happens with quite a peculiar frame
configuration that's probably rarely used, judging by the time it took
us to collect only 2 reports about it, since the bug was introduced.
OTOH, we have a somewhat poor record regarding correctness in that
area, so it's quite possible this fix introduces some new issue.

So unless you are really, REALLY sure this should go to emacs-26, I'd
prefer to have it on master, and let the dust settle on it before we
decide it's TRT.

Thanks for working on this and for finding a fix.

> Belated thanks for the simple recipe, martin

Seconded.