Subject: bug#31691: 25.3; Emacs fails browsing remote files over FTP

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2018 08:46:23 +0200

Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi Michael,

Hi Maxim,

> Maybe the problem only happen when attempting to use an FTP server on
> Android?

Perhaps. I cannot test myself, because I don't run an ftp server on my
Android device (and I don't intend to do).

Are you bound to the ftp method? There are other possibilities to
connect to Android via Tramp. First, you could try the "adb" method, it
uses the Android Debug Bridge. Disadvantage is, that you need an USB
connection. Read the Tramp manual for details.

Somebody has also used an sshd daemon on an Android device, accessing it
via Tramp with "ssh" or friends, The setup is described in the Tramp
manual, chapter "4.17 Android shell setup hints".

> Thank you!
> Maxim

Best regards, Michael.