Subject: bug#31663: closed (Re: bug#31663: dino: segfaults on message delivery since libsignal-protocol-c update)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2021 01:19:01 +0000

Your bug report

#31663: dino: segfaults on message delivery since libsignal-protocol-c update

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
31663: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=31663
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#31663: dino: segfaults on message delivery since libsignal-protocol-c update
From: Sarah Morgensen <[email-masked]>
To: Mark H Weaver <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2021 18:18:36 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello Mark,

Mark H Weaver <[email-masked]> writes:

> The update of 'libsignal-protocol-c' to 2.3.2 in commit
> 05ca7a916a54d32ae4603bcd90918fb19e907704 broke dino.  Since that update,
> dino now immediately segfaults whenever a message is sent or received
> using OMEMO.
>
> Note that upstream dino has its own copy of 'libsignal-protocol-c' in a
> submodule.  Our 'dino' package arranges to instead use our system copy
> of 'libsignal-protocol-c', and I'm glad for that.  Unfortunately, it no
> longer works.
>
> I tried updating 'dino' to the latest upstream commit
> (60982bff67809e62b43476b49e30a9bd37491930), but that didn't help.
>
>       Mark

It looks like this since got an upstream issue [0] and was fixed in dino
in 7012023d599 (around v0.1), so I'm closing this old bug.  (I also
verified that our dino version wants v2.3.3 of libsignal-protocol-c,
which is what we have.)  Please reopen if this is still an issue!

[0] https://github.com/dino/dino/issues/485

--
Sarah

Subject: dino: segfaults on message delivery since libsignal-protocol-c update
From: Mark H Weaver <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 31 May 2018 04:41:22 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

The update of 'libsignal-protocol-c' to 2.3.2 in commit
05ca7a916a54d32ae4603bcd90918fb19e907704 broke dino.  Since that update,
dino now immediately segfaults whenever a message is sent or received
using OMEMO.

Note that upstream dino has its own copy of 'libsignal-protocol-c' in a
submodule.  Our 'dino' package arranges to instead use our system copy
of 'libsignal-protocol-c', and I'm glad for that.  Unfortunately, it no
longer works.

I tried updating 'dino' to the latest upstream commit
(60982bff67809e62b43476b49e30a9bd37491930), but that didn't help.

      Mark