Subject: Re: bug#31663: dino: segfaults on message delivery since libsignal-protocol-c update

From: Sarah Morgensen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2021 18:18:36 -0700

Hello Mark,

Mark H Weaver <[email-masked]> writes:

> The update of 'libsignal-protocol-c' to 2.3.2 in commit
> 05ca7a916a54d32ae4603bcd90918fb19e907704 broke dino.  Since that update,
> dino now immediately segfaults whenever a message is sent or received
> using OMEMO.
>
> Note that upstream dino has its own copy of 'libsignal-protocol-c' in a
> submodule.  Our 'dino' package arranges to instead use our system copy
> of 'libsignal-protocol-c', and I'm glad for that.  Unfortunately, it no
> longer works.
>
> I tried updating 'dino' to the latest upstream commit
> (60982bff67809e62b43476b49e30a9bd37491930), but that didn't help.
>
>       Mark

It looks like this since got an upstream issue [0] and was fixed in dino
in 7012023d599 (around v0.1), so I'm closing this old bug.  (I also
verified that our dino version wants v2.3.3 of libsignal-protocol-c,
which is what we have.)  Please reopen if this is still an issue!

[0] https://github.com/dino/dino/issues/485

--
Sarah