Subject: bug#31655: no obvious link to the Lisp Reference Manual

From: VanL <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2019 19:48:17 +1100

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> My point was that there is such a link already there.  Search for
> "elisp", and you will find it.  The OP searched for "lisp ref" for
> some reason, and that substring is not present on the page.
> Personally, I don't understand the motivation behind that search
> string, but that's me.

I don't recall the context when I spotted what I thought at the time
was a bug worth pursuing.  Generally, when typing in a text box for a
search engine, I expect to see word and phrase completion.  I
might've been after in full 'lisp reference manual' and expected that
to be the expansion from 'lisp ref'.  Not being familiar with the
word 'elisp', at that time, there would've been zero chance of typing
that in.  Yes, you want lots of search terms people use when what
they really want to find is elisp; and allow for missed spellings, etc.

-- 
LoL,
  əə0@ 一 二 三 言 語 𝔖
  'VLIW architecture?'
  G4 White 78 Black 79