Subject: bug#31650: 26.1; Desktop mode adds wm stickiness to emacs windows.

From: Rolf Ade <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2018 12:47:01 +0200

Rolf Ade <[email-masked]> writes:
> [...]
> I'll try to build fvwm2 2.6.7 (which seems to be the latest) and check
> if it shows the same (mis-)behaviour. Though, that has to wait for
> tomorrow.

I build fvwm2 2.6.8 this morning, which was released 2 days ago and,
after some struggle, have this running now. And ... it doesn't has the
(mis-)behaviour of fvwm2 2.6.4.

With this version

(set-frame-parameter nil 'sticky nil)

has no effect on a non-sticky emacs.

(set-frame-parameter nil 'sticky t)

makes the frame sticky, and

(set-frame-parameter nil 'sticky nil)

makes it unsticky again.

As it should be. In turn emacs with enabled desktop-mode doesn't put my
emacs frame into sticky mode anymore at start-up. So, the root of the
reported problem seems to be a bug in some or at least one (2.6.4) past
fvwm2 version.

Case settled. Many thanks for replying and ...

I'm sorry for the noise ...

Thanks,
rolf