Subject: bug#31650: 26.1; Desktop mode adds wm stickiness to emacs windows.

From: Robert Pluim <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2018 16:05:37 +0200

martin rudalics <[email-masked]> writes:

> This might be even the right thing to do if, for example, the WM
> decides that making a non-sticky frame non-sticky is a silly request
> and the application probably wants a sticky frame instead.
>
>> - Seems to be windows manager specific (you don't see it with xfwm4, I
>>    do with fvwm2 2.6.4).
>
> We would have to hear from others.  Anyone?  With emacs -Q evaluate
>
> (set-frame-parameter nil 'sticky nil)
>
> and look whether your frame starts to appear on all your desktops.

That has no effect for me on Fedora 28 which I believe uses mutter as
the wm. Similarly running it multiple times has no effect.

Running

(set-frame-parameter nil 'sticky t)

once or multiple times results in a sticky frame, as expected.

Iʼll see if I can try on my KDE-based Ubuntu later. Thatʼs based more
directly on X, unlike my Fedora machine which is using XWayland.

Robert