Subject: bug#31636: closed (Re: bug#31636: 27.0.50; lockfile syntax searchable from info manual)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2018 13:25:02 +0000

Your bug report

#31636: 27.0.50; lockfile syntax searchable from info manual

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
31636: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=31636
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#31636: 27.0.50; lockfile syntax searchable from info manual
From: Robert Pluim <[email-masked]>
To: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2018 15:24:19 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> (I noticed that texinfo.el has no bindings for inserting @ref,
>> @xref, and @pxref, should I add some?  C-cC-c[rp] are free, but x is
>> already used for @example, so 'C-cC-cX'? Or maybe 'C-cC-cC-x' for
>> @xref?)
>
> How about using just "C-c C-c r" and letting it intuit the exact form
> from the context?  @xref is only used at the beginning of a sentence,
> and @pxref should normally follow an open paren.
>

OK. Iʼll think about how best to add that

> In any case, adding this to texinfo.el would be a welcome addition, I
> think.
>
> The patch LGTM, thanks.

Pushed as 9188291f7a to emacs-26.

Thanks

Robert

Subject: 27.0.50; lockfile syntax searchable from info manual
From: Brady Trainor <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 29 May 2018 00:33:10 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I had hoped to find about files such as `/tmp/.#fileA` by searching in
the info manual for ".#". But I did not find such a string there, nor
via `apropos-documentation`.

If a user encounters such a file in a directory, I think it would lead
to good discoverability if a manual or docstring had some mention of the
string ".#", so that one might search for it.

I'm sending this report without having spent a lot of time on it now,
not sure if this ".#" convention comes from outside of emacs.

Thank you!

-- 
Brady

In GNU Emacs 27.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-apple-darwin17.4.0, NS appkit-1561.20 Version 10.13.3 (Build 17D102))
 of 2018-04-11 built on computer
Repository revision: 57442b6812e9ec565efc39f722e84079dd71d8c0
System Description:  Mac OS X 10.13.3

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Making completion list...

Configured using:
 'configure --disable-dependency-tracking --disable-silent-rules
 --enable-locallisppath=/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --infodir=/usr/local/Cellar/emacs/HEAD-57442b6/share/info/emacs
 --prefix=/usr/local/Cellar/emacs/HEAD-57442b6 --without-x --with-xml2
 --with-dbus --with-gnutls --with-imagemagick --with-modules --with-rsvg
 --without-pop --with-ns --disable-ns-self-contained'

Configured features:
RSVG IMAGEMAGICK DBUS NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
NS MODULES THREADS

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny seq byte-opt gv
bytecomp byte-compile cconv dired dired-loaddefs format-spec rfc822 mml
easymenu mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg epg-config gnus-util
rmail rmail-loaddefs mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader cl-loaddefs cl-lib sendmail rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils term/screen term/xterm
xterm time-date elec-pair tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/ns-win ns-win ucs-normalize
mule-util term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook
help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote dbusbind kqueue cocoa ns multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 208559 10343)
 (symbols 48 20073 1)
 (miscs 40 33 124)
 (strings 32 29281 1750)
 (string-bytes 1 769239)
 (vectors 16 33056)
 (vector-slots 8 675093 10872)
 (floats 8 51 470)
 (intervals 56 232 0)
 (buffers 992 12))