Subject: bug#31634: emacs 26.1 Compilation error and fix on Solaris 10

From: Richard Stallman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2018 23:27:59 -0400

[[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider    ]]]
[[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,     ]]]
[[[ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. ]]]

  > I compile around 100 different open source packages (mostly GNU) for more

Please don't think of the GNU system or GNU packages as "open source"
-- on the contrary, that's the slogan used for rejection of what we
stand for.  We stand for giving users freedom -- that's why it is
called "free (libre) software".

See https://gnu.org/philosophy/open-source-misses-the-point.html
for more explanation of the difference between free software and open
source.  See also https://thebaffler.com/salvos/the-meme-hustler for
Evgeny Morozov's article on the same point.

Nonetheless, thanks for reporting a problem -- that helps us do
a good job.

-- 
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation (https://gnu.org, https://fsf.org)
Internet Hall-of-Famer (https://internethalloffame.org)