Subject: error when trying to quit gnus

From: Uwe Brauer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2018 19:37:45 +0200

Here is the bug trace

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "Odd number of elements in hash table data")
  read("#s(hash-table size 800 test equal rehash-size 2.0
  rehash-threshold 0.8125 data (To-Do nil Important nil Personal
  '(\"<9634F03B0AA645DC844D846099A1D798@web3>\"
  \"<9634F03B0AA645DC844D846099A1D798@web3>\"
  \"<9634F03B0AA645DC844D846099A1D798@web3>\"
  \"<9634F03B0AA645DC844D846099A1D798@web3>\"
  \"<9634F03B0AA645DC844D846099A1D798@web3>\") Imp
  '(\"<[email-masked]>\"
  \"<[email-masked]>\"
  \"<[email-masked]>\"
  \"<[email-masked]>\"
  \"<[email-masked]>\"
  \"<[email-masked]>\"
  \"<[email-masked]>\"
  \"<[email-masked]>\")
  TODO
  '(\"<[email-masked]>\"
  \"<[email-masked]>\"
  \"<[email-masked]>\"
  \"<[email-masked]>\"
  \"<[email-masked]>\"
  \"<[email-masked]>\"
  \"<[email-masked]>\"
  \"<[email-masked]>\"
  \"<[email-masked]>\"
  \"<[email-masked]>\" ...) Pers nil DONE
  '(\"<[email-masked]>\"
  \"<[email-masked]>\"
  \"<[email-masked]>\")
  ...))") 
  #f(compiled-function (key val) #<bytecode 0x2261ed9>)(mark #<hash-table equal 7/800 0xa02135>)
  maphash(#f(compiled-function (key val) #<bytecode 0x2261ed9>) #<hash-table eql 5/100 0x22602c5>)
  eieio-override-prin1(#<hash-table eql 5/100 0x18c4a95>)
  #f(compiled-function (this &optional comment) "Write object THIS out
  to the current stream.\nThis writes out the vector version of this
  object.  Complex and recursive\nobject are discouraged from being
  written.\n  If optional COMMENT is non-nil, include comments when
  outputting\nthis object." #<bytecode 0x50365d>)(#<registry-db
  registry-db-1af55f8> ";; EIEIO PERSISTENT OBJECT") 
  apply(#f(compiled-function (this &optional comment) "Write object THIS
  out to the current stream.\nThis writes out the vector version of this
  object.  Complex and recursive\nobject are discouraged from being
  written.\n  If optional COMMENT is non-nil, include comments when
  outputting\nthis object." #<bytecode 0x50365d>) (#<registry-db
  registry-db-1af55f8> ";; EIEIO PERSISTENT OBJECT")) 
  #f(compiled-function (&rest cnm-args) #<bytecode 0x22602b9>)(#<registry-db registry-db-1af55f8> ";; EIEIO PERSISTENT OBJECT")
  #f(compiled-function (cl--cnm this &optional comment) "Write
  persistent object THIS out to the current stream.\nOptional argument
  COMMENT is a header line comment." #<bytecode
  0xc3338d>)(#f(compiled-function (&rest cnm-args) #<bytecode
  0x22602b9>) #<registry-db registry-db-1af55f8> ";; EIEIO PERSISTENT
  OBJECT") 
  apply(#f(compiled-function (cl--cnm this &optional comment) "Write
  persistent object THIS out to the current stream.\nOptional argument
  COMMENT is a header line comment." #<bytecode 0xc3338d>)
  #f(compiled-function (&rest cnm-args) #<bytecode 0x22602b9>)
  (#<registry-db registry-db-1af55f8> ";; EIEIO PERSISTENT OBJECT")) 
  #f(compiled-function (&rest args) #<bytecode 0x16c7119>)(#<registry-db registry-db-1af55f8> ";; EIEIO PERSISTENT OBJECT")
  apply(#f(compiled-function (&rest args) #<bytecode 0x16c7119>) #<registry-db registry-db-1af55f8> ";; EIEIO PERSISTENT OBJECT")
  object-write(#<registry-db registry-db-1af55f8> ";; EIEIO PERSISTENT OBJECT")
  #f(compiled-function (this &optional file) "Save persistent object
  THIS to disk.\nOptional argument FILE overrides the file name
  specified in the object\ninstance." #<bytecode
  0xc333f9>)(#<registry-db registry-db-1af55f8>
  "~/.gnus.registry.eieio") 
  apply(#f(compiled-function (this &optional file) "Save persistent
  object THIS to disk.\nOptional argument FILE overrides the file name
  specified in the object\ninstance." #<bytecode 0xc333f9>)
  #<registry-db registry-db-1af55f8> "~/.gnus.registry.eieio") 
  eieio-persistent-save(#<registry-db registry-db-1af55f8> "~/.gnus.registry.eieio")
  gnus-registry-save()
  run-hooks(gnus-save-newsrc-hook)
  apply(run-hooks gnus-save-newsrc-hook)
  gnus-run-hooks(gnus-save-newsrc-hook)
  gnus-save-newsrc-file()
  gnus-group-exit()
  funcall-interactively(gnus-group-exit)
  call-interactively(gnus-group-exit nil nil)
  command-execute(gnus-group-exit)

Gnus v5.13
GNU Emacs 27.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars)
 of 2018-04-26
200 news.gmane.org InterNetNews NNRP server INN 2.5.4 ready (posting ok)
100 Legal commands
  ARTICLE [message-ID|number]
  AUTHINFO USER name|PASS password|SASL mechanism [initial-response]|GENERIC program [argument ...]
  BODY [message-ID|number]
  CAPABILITIES [keyword]
  DATE
  GROUP newsgroup
  HDR header [message-ID|range]
  HEAD [message-ID|number]
  HELP
  IHAVE message-ID
  LAST
  LIST [ACTIVE [wildmat]|ACTIVE.TIMES [wildmat]|COUNTS [wildmat]|DISTRIB.PATS|DISTRIBUTIONS|HEADERS [MSGID|RANGE]|MODERATORS|MOTD|NEWSGROUPS [wildmat]|OVERVIEW.FMT|SUBSCRIPTIONS [wildmat]]
  LISTGROUP [newsgroup [range]]
  MODE READER
  NEWGROUPS [yy]yymmdd hhmmss [GMT]
  NEWNEWS wildmat [yy]yymmdd hhmmss [GMT]
  NEXT
  OVER [range]
  POST
  QUIT
  STARTTLS
  STAT [message-ID|number]
  XGTITLE [wildmat]
  XHDR header [message-ID|range]
  XOVER [range]
  XPAT header message-ID|range pattern [pattern ...]
Report problems to <[email-masked]>.
.
382 Begin TLS negotiation now
100 Legal commands
  ARTICLE [message-ID|number]
  AUTHINFO USER name|PASS password|SASL mechanism [initial-response]|GENERIC program [argument ...]
  BODY [message-ID|number]
  CAPABILITIES [keyword]
  DATE
  GROUP newsgroup
  HDR header [message-ID|range]
  HEAD [message-ID|number]
  HELP
  IHAVE message-ID
  LAST
  LIST [ACTIVE [wildmat]|ACTIVE.TIMES [wildmat]|COUNTS [wildmat]|DISTRIB.PATS|DISTRIBUTIONS|HEADERS [MSGID|RANGE]|MODERATORS|MOTD|NEWSGROUPS [wildmat]|OVERVIEW.FMT|SUBSCRIPTIONS [wildmat]]
  LISTGROUP [newsgroup [range]]
  MODE READER
  NEWGROUPS [yy]yymmdd hhmmss [GMT]
  NEWNEWS wildmat [yy]yymmdd hhmmss [GMT]
  NEXT
  OVER [range]
  POST
  QUIT
  STARTTLS
  STAT [message-ID|number]
  XGTITLE [wildmat]
  XHDR header [message-ID|range]
  XOVER [range]
  XPAT header message-ID|range pattern [pattern ...]
Report problems to <[email-masked]>.
.