Subject: bug#31629: closed (Re: bug#31629: parted command partuuid)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 29 May 2018 14:17:02 +0000

Your bug report

#31629: parted command  partuuid

which was filed against the parted package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
31629: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=31629
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#31629: parted command partuuid
From: Phillip Susi <[email-masked]>
To: 李进良 <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 29 May 2018 10:06:54 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On 5/28/2018 11:10 AM, 李进良 wrote:
> Is there any patch or configure option to enable set a partuuid when
> creating partition with parted command?  Now I really need this function
> because a special partuuid is used in kernel command line
> (root=PARTUUID=XXXX) and secure boot is enabled, the kernel command line
> can’t be changed, so I have to create the rootfs partition with the special
> PARTUUID.

No; you will have to change your grub config to list the correct UUID.
And this address is for reporting bugs; for discussion use
[email-masked].

Subject: parted command partuuid
From: "李进良" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2018 23:10:25 +0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

Is there any patch or configure option to enable set a partuuid when
creating partition with parted command?  Now I really need this function
because a special partuuid is used in kernel command line
(root=PARTUUID=XXXX) and secure boot is enabled, the kernel command line
can’t be changed, so I have to create the rootfs partition with the special
PARTUUID.

Any feedback will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jinliang