Subject: bug#31628: 26.1; Problem in read-multiple-choice's docstring

From: Damien Cassou <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2018 17:23:08 +0200

Attached patch fixes the docstring of read-multiple-choice. Previous
docstring, said CHOICES was an alist which it isn't. The new docstring
fixes that and gives names to components of each choice.

-- 
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another without
losing enthusiasm." --Winston Churchill
>From 255c09ac20c940140e20d199b1f715fc98264da5 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: Damien Cassou <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2018 17:12:34 +0200
Subject: [PATCH] * lisp/emacs-lisp/rmc.el (read-multiple-choice): Improve
 docstring.

---
 lisp/emacs-lisp/rmc.el | 11 +++++------
 1 file changed, 5 insertions(+), 6 deletions(-)

diff --git a/lisp/emacs-lisp/rmc.el b/lisp/emacs-lisp/rmc.el
index 3dd3508903..9813dcf2e5 100644
--- a/lisp/emacs-lisp/rmc.el
+++ b/lisp/emacs-lisp/rmc.el
@@ -30,12 +30,11 @@ read-multiple-choice
   "Ask user a multiple choice question.
 PROMPT should be a string that will be displayed as the prompt.
 
-CHOICES is an alist where the first element in each entry is a
-character to be entered, the second element is a short name for
-the entry to be displayed while prompting (if there's room, it
-might be shortened), and the third, optional entry is a longer
-explanation that will be displayed in a help buffer if the user
-requests more help.
+CHOICES is a list of (KEY NAME [DESCRIPTION]). KEY is a character
+to be entered. NAME a short name for the entry to be displayed
+while prompting (if there's room, it might be shortened).
+DESCRIPTION is an optional longer explanation that will be
+displayed in a help buffer if the user requests more help.
 
 This function translates user input into responses by consulting
 the bindings in `query-replace-map'; see the documentation of
-- 
2.17.0