Subject: Re: bug#31628: 26.1; Problem in read-multiple-choice's docstring

From: Damien Cassou <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2018 08:04:49 +0200

"Basil L. Contovounesios" <[email-masked]> writes:
> I think the full stops should be followed by two spaces, as per the
> default sentence-end-double-space.

fixed in attached patch.

-- 
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another without
losing enthusiasm." --Winston Churchill
>From bad5de6b568d7730c4b3f48ae255a57eb91af421 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: Damien Cassou <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2018 17:12:34 +0200
Subject: [PATCH] * lisp/emacs-lisp/rmc.el (read-multiple-choice): Improve
 docstring.

---
 lisp/emacs-lisp/rmc.el | 14 +++++++-------
 1 file changed, 7 insertions(+), 7 deletions(-)

diff --git a/lisp/emacs-lisp/rmc.el b/lisp/emacs-lisp/rmc.el
index 3dd3508903..6a0031cc4c 100644
--- a/lisp/emacs-lisp/rmc.el
+++ b/lisp/emacs-lisp/rmc.el
@@ -30,12 +30,12 @@ read-multiple-choice
   "Ask user a multiple choice question.
 PROMPT should be a string that will be displayed as the prompt.
 
-CHOICES is an alist where the first element in each entry is a
-character to be entered, the second element is a short name for
-the entry to be displayed while prompting (if there's room, it
-might be shortened), and the third, optional entry is a longer
-explanation that will be displayed in a help buffer if the user
-requests more help.
+CHOICES is a list of (KEY NAME [DESCRIPTION]).  KEY is a
+character to be entered.  NAME a short name for the entry to be
+displayed while prompting (if there's room, it might be
+shortened).  DESCRIPTION is an optional longer explanation that
+will be displayed in a help buffer if the user requests more
+help.
 
 This function translates user input into responses by consulting
 the bindings in `query-replace-map'; see the documentation of
@@ -46,7 +46,7 @@ read-multiple-choice
 again.
 
 When `use-dialog-box' is t (the default), this function can pop
-up a dialog window to collect the user input. That functionality
+up a dialog window to collect the user input.  That functionality
 requires `display-popup-menus-p' to return t. Otherwise, a text
 dialog will be used.
 
-- 
2.17.0