Subject: bug#31626: Emacs window resizes when entering dired mode

From: Alain Knaff <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2018 16:19:02 +0000

On 2018-05-28 18:11, Robert Pluim wrote:
[...]
> The scaling is not dired-specific, itʼs inside GTK, so thereʼs nothing
> you can do to dired to change it.

If it's inside GTK, then why are only dired buffers affected? For
instance, a buffer containing a Java file or something else is not affected.

So I guess emacs is calling a certain gtk function when a dired buffer
is active, that it does not call for other buffers. Which call could
that be? Initiative *must* come from somewhere inside emacs, or else
emacs-specific actions such as pressing C-x o would not be able to
trigger it.

Possibly also this is a call that emacs did not invoke on older
versions? (but here, it is just as well possible that Ubuntu 18.04's GTK
performs that call differently than Ubuntu 16.04's GTK)

> 
> Emacs-26 was released about 2 hours ago, so I doubt anyone's packaged it yet.

ok :-)

> Iʼve attached the announcement, perhaps you can build emacs from source?

... or I'll just wait until the distributors pick it up :-)

> Regards
> Robert

Regards,

-- 
Alain Knaff
Ingénieur Informaticien

LE GOUVERNEMENT DU GRAND-DUCHÉ DE LUXEMBOURG
Ministère du Développement durable et des Infrastructures
Administration de l’environnement

1, avenue du Rock'n'Roll . L-4361 Esch-sur-Alzette
Tél. (+352) 40 56 56-309
E-Mail: [email-masked]
www.gouvernement.lu . www.luxembourg.lu