Subject: bug#31603: 27.0.50; pinentry loopback disappeared

From: Noam Postavsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 May 2018 12:04:46 -0400

> On Sam 26 Mai 2018 (12:14:13 +0100) Basil L. Contovounesios writes:
>
>> then I think the problem with the referenced commit [1: 302e500087] is
>> that it uses define-obsolete-variable-alias (see docstring) in epa.el
>> after epg-pinentry-mode has already been defined in epg-config.el.

Oh, you're right

    emacs -Q --eval "(setq epa-loopback-mode 'loopback)" -l epa

Then <f1> v epa-loopback-mode RET shows that it has been reset to nil.

[email-masked] writes:

> This was actually the first thing I tried (and I just tried it again to
> be sure): pinentry-loopback still fails.

Well, it's at least part of the problem.  Can you double check that
epa-loopback-mode has the right value?  When I apply Basil's patch, add
'allow-loopback-pinentry' to ~/.gnupg/gpg-agent.conf and (setq
epa-loopback-mode 'loopback), then M-x epa-sign-file does give me a
prompt in the minibuffer, as expected.

Could you also double check that reverting 302e500087 fixes your
problem?