Subject: bug#31585: 27.0.50; 112GB Virtual Memory; 102MB working set

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 24 May 2018 23:44:00 +0200

build with: CFLAGS="-march=native -ffast-math -Os"
and
        --enable-largefile                    \
        --with-x-toolkit=gtk3                 \
        --with-sound=no                       \
        --with-modules                        \
        --with-xwidgets                       \
        --without-pop                         \
        --without-selinux                     \
        --without-gnutls                      \
        --disable-acl                         \
        --with-file-notification=yes          \
        --with-json                           \
        --without-xml2                        \
resulting in:
112GB Virtual Memory; 102MB working set usage
measured by htop

In GNU Emacs 27.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.22.30)
 of 2018-05-24 built on INDRA
Repository revision: bab73230d1be1fe394b7269c1365ef6fb1a5d9b3
Windowing system distributor 'Fedora Project', version 11.0.11906000
System Description: Fedora 28 (Twenty Eight)

Recent messages:
Setting up indent for shell type sh
Indentation variables are now local.
Indentation setup for shell type sh
Wrote /root/.emacs.d/desktop.lock
Desktop: 3 buffers restored.
Loading /root/.emacs.d/recentf...done
Desktop: 3 buffers restored.
Loading /root/.emacs.d/framegeometry...done
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-M-h C-a.

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/opt/emacs --sysconfdir=/etc
 --enable-locallisppath=/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --libexecdir=/opt/emacs/lib/ --localstatedir=/usr/local/var
 --enable-largefile --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-sound=no --with-modules
 --with-xwidgets --without-pop --without-selinux --without-gnutls
 --disable-acl --with-file-notification=yes --with-json --without-xml2
 'CFLAGS=-march=native -ffast-math -Os''

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG GPM DBUS GSETTINGS NOTIFY FREETYPE M17N_FLT
LIBOTF XFT ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 MODULES THREADS XWIDGETS
LIBSYSTEMD JSON

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.utf8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Conf[Unix]

Minor modes in effect:
  show-paren-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: 1
  global-hl-line-mode: t
  hl-line-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  cua-mode: t
  flymake-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  auto-insert-mode: t
  tabbar-mwheel-mode: t
  tabbar-mode: t
  smooth-scroll-mode: t
  global-undo-tree-mode: t
  undo-tree-mode: t
  save-place-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-quote-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  global-prettify-symbols-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  size-indication-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  global-visual-line-mode: t
  visual-line-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny dired-sort-menu dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec epa epg epg-config gnus-util rmail
rmail-loaddefs mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mail-utils cursor-sensor user-profile server default-profile default-ui
paren man mm-util mail-prsvr recentf sh-script smie executable rng-nxml
rng-valid nxml-mode nxml-outln nxml-rap sgml-mode dom vc-dispatcher
vc-svn conf-mode desktop frameset avoid hl-line default-faces
default-keymap delsel cua-base default-run default-restart default-modes
default-platform default-unix default-flymake default-flymake-go
default-flymake-csharp default-flymake-ruby default-flymake-js
default-flymake-py default-flymake-java default-flymake-shell
flymake-proc flymake compile warnings default-run-assoc run-assoc
default-tempo default-tempo-rexx default-tempo-sh default-tempo-js
default-tempo-java default-tempo-perl default-tempo-elisp
default-tempo-c-cpp default-menu default-help default-options
default-tools default-search default-format default-view
aquamacs-cmm-menu default-edit default-file default-generic savehist
autorevert filenotify autoinsert default-functions elec-pair
default-autoload ox-man ox-odt rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse rng-match
rng-dt rng-util rng-pttrn nxml-parse nxml-ns nxml-enc xmltok nxml-util
ox-latex ox-icalendar ox-html table ox-ascii ox-publish ox org-element
avl-tree generator org org-macro org-footnote org-pcomplete pcomplete
org-list org-faces org-entities time-date org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob
ob-tangle org-src ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-keys ob-comint comint
ansi-color ring org-loaddefs format-spec find-func cal-menu calendar
cal-loaddefs ob-exp ob-core org-compat ob-eval org-macs markdown-mode rx
color thingatpt noutline outline easy-mmode jison-mode bison-mode
cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine
cc-vars cc-defs flex-mode derived aquamacs-tabbar cus-start cus-load
aquamacs-tools tabbar restore-last-frame-size org-bullets syslog-mode
hide-lines web-mode disp-table vimrc-mode neotree advice smooth-scroll
aok cl fill-column-indicator tempbuf auto-complete-config auto-complete
edmacro kmacro popup undo-tree diff multi-shell windata tree-mode
tree-widget wid-edit imenu imenu-tree tempo saveplace google-translate
google-translate-default-ui google-translate-core-ui ido
google-translate-core google-translate-tk url url-proxy url-privacy
url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util
url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs
password-cache url-vars mailcap json map seq byte-opt gv bytecomp
byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib eol-conversion easymenu
default-path mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame cl-generic
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote dbusbind inotify
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting xwidget-internal
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 285563 184944)
 (symbols 48 39847 13)
 (miscs 40 126 323)
 (strings 32 96910 23835)
 (string-bytes 1 2947210)
 (vectors 16 40673)
 (vector-slots 8 778617 224798)
 (floats 8 356 717)
 (intervals 56 472 77)
 (buffers 992 16))