Subject: Re: [bug#31582] [PATCH 8/8] gnu: Add git-annex.

From: Timothy Sample <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2018 10:55:47 -0400

Christopher Lemmer Webber <[email-masked]> writes:

> I tested this morning.  It seems to work well.

Thanks for the review and doing the tests!

> My one comment before I push this is a minor one... should this go in
> backup.scm or should it be in version-control.scm?  Not everyone is
> using it in ways I would consider to be "backups" any more than other
> VCS things are... I'm not.

I hesitated quite a bit here.  I agree that “version-control.scm” is the
right place.  The website specifically says “git-annex is not a backup
system”.  I must have been suffering from categorizing-fatigue when I
made that choice :).

> Christopher Lemmer Webber writes:
>
>> Note that you didn't add a copyright header to this file (or the
>> haskell.scm one either).  I can do that though if everything builds
>> before I push it.

Whoops!  Sorry.  I will update the patches in a few hours unless you
have your finger on the button and do it first.

Thanks again!