Subject: bug#31574: 27.0; Doc string for `with-help-window'

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2018 21:09:30 +0300

> Date: Thu, 24 May 2018 10:17:49 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> 
> > "Options" was not the best word here, so I rephrased the last sentence
> > of the doc string.
> 
> I see that the bug was closed.  Not sure what the fix was,
> but if it was just to change "options" then it might not
> really be fixed.

I told yesterday in response to another message of yours how can you
see the changes in the repository using  Web browser.  Please take a
look, then we can discuss the fix.

> The real problem is that after you follow the link there
> is NOTHING about `with-help-window', AFAICT.

No, the real problem is that the reference to help-window-setup gave
you wrong expectations regarding what information that function should
add.  My change tried to make those expectations match the original
intent.

> And I should have been clear that the doc string of
> `help-window-setup' is even more problematic.  It doesn't
> say anything helpful at all, AFAICT.

That's a subroutine, so I don't necessarily see its doc string as
something we need to invest an effort in.