Subject: Re: bug#31546: 27.0.50; macOS child frames with no mode-line mouse click problem

From: Aaron Jensen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 May 2018 13:15:26 -0700

On Sat, May 26, 2018 at 11:22 AM Alan Third <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Ah yeah. I must have been getting confused. I just seem to be adding
> confusion to this thread. Sorry for the noise.

No problem, this is a confusing issue. I appreciate you looking into this
and reproducing it.

> I’d have thought so, but it works in every other situation without the
> patch so I can’t help thinking the patch must change the behaviour
> where it previously worked.

On X, if you C-h k and then click in that area (when the new frame does not
overlap the original frame), does it register a mouse-drag-region and
mouse-set-point?

I'm also confused as to why it is harder to repro when the new frame is
overlapping the original frame. If they're not overlapping, it repros every
time.

Another hint: If I repro it, then scroll with the mousewheel down to
restore it to the original scroll position and click again w/o moving the
mouse, then click again, it does not repro. If I move my mouse before
clicking it repros again.

A question: Should frames with no-accept-focus still accept mouse events? I
imagine the answer is yes, but just want to check in case that's the thing
that is different between X and NS