Subject: Re: bug#31535: Missing object words in misc.texi(emacs-26)

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 May 2018 10:13:40 +0300

> From: Takesi Ayanokoji <[email-masked]>
> Date: Sun, 20 May 2018 10:11:33 +0900
> 
> In misc.texi: 687..689,
> 
> >>> start here
> The variables @code{resize-mini-windows} and @code{max-mini-window-height} (@pxref{Minibuffer Edit})
> control * when the output is considered too long for the echo area.
> <<< end here
> 
> Currently, there is nothing(empty) at * markd positiin, but I think * should be 'window resizing' or something like
> that.

No, the sentence is correct, albeit slightly confusing.  I reworded it
to say this instead:

  The variables @code{resize-mini-windows} and
  @code{max-mini-window-height} (@pxref{Minibuffer Edit}) control when
  Emacs should consider the output to be too long for the echo area.

Is the intent more clear now?