Subject: [bug#31531] [PATCH 1/3] gnu: Add cppzmq.

From: Theodoros Foradis <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 08 Jul 2018 20:35:46 +0300

Hello Ricardo,

> Could you please send a new patch?

Sorry for taking so long to send the new patch. In the meantime, monero
was updated to 0.12.3.0 with a major difference, that using the system's
miniupnpc was disabled, and the project's own version of it (due to
security issues upstream) was added as a git submodule.

So, there were 3 options for us. Either build from git and use the git
submodule, disregard the security issue (that the folks at #monero-dev
on freenode advised against) and use our own miniupnpc, or use monero's
miniupnpc.

I opted for the third option, introducing a patch that reverts the git
commit that does not allow to use external miniupnpc, as well as
packaging monero-project's miniupnpc as a non-public package in
finance.scm. Is this the correct way to do this?

Also, I included a commit renaming monero-core to monero-gui, as the
official project was renamed. Is this appropriate? The old url (using
monero-core) still worked as it's an alias for monero-gui now, but I
figured it would be better to rename nonetheless.

Lastly, I changed both packages to use git-fetch, as the github
auto-generated tarballs would change. What do you think?

I reply to this mail with the updated patch series.

-- 
Theodoros Foradis