Subject: Re: bug#31529: Sentence order in dired.texi(emacs-26)

From: Noam Postavsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2018 19:25:27 -0400

On 19 May 2018 at 12:47, Takesi Ayanokoji <[email-masked]> wrote:

> I think the sentence
>
> Even if you have set @code{dired-recursive-deletes} to
> @code{nil}, you might want sometimes to delete recursively directories
> without being asked for confirmation for all of them.
>
> and the sentence
>
> This is handy
> when you have marked many directories for deletion and you are very
> sure that all of them can safely be deleted.
>
> is reverse order.

I don't think they're reversed, "this is handy" refers to the previous
sentence "delete [...] without being asked [...] for all of them".
Maybe it would be clearer if the second sentence said "For example"
instead of "This is handy".

Also, I'd say the word "recursively" *is* reversed with one of the words
around it, it should be either "recursively delete directories" or
"delete directories recursively".