Subject: Re: [bug#31509] [PATCH 03/21] gnu: emacs-evil-ediff: New variable.

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Thu, 31 May 2018 17:53:44 +0200

Pierre Neidhardt <[email-masked]> skribis:

> * gnu/packages/emacs.scm (emacs-evil-ediff): New variable.

Actually we’re not done.   :-/

> +       (uri (string-append
> +             "https://melpa.org/packages/evil-ediff-"
> +             version
> +             ".el"))

We cannot use melpa.org URLs because they are highly volatile.  For
instance, the URL for evil-magit.el in the patch that you sent is
already 404.

That’s why we instead refer to upstream URLs (on GitHub or other hosting
sites.)

Could you resent this series with such URLs?  I understand it’s
cumbersome but it’s really important if we want to be able to build
these things even just a couple of weeks from now.

(Please send each updated patch to the right [email-masked]
address.)

Thanks in advance,
Ludo’.