Subject: bug#31498: [PATCH] Notify systemd in daemon-initialized

From: Noam Postavsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2018 09:08:51 -0400

severity 31498 wishlist
severity 31521 wishlist
quit

Thanks, the patch seems straightforward enough.  Just a few minor
comments about formatting.  Have you assigned copyright for Emacs?  The
patch is small enough to go in anyway, it would just have to be marked.

Lucas Werkmeister <[email-masked]> writes:

> With --[bg-]daemon and Type=forking, systemd will only consider the
> daemon to have fully started up once the original process exits, and
> will wait until then to start units depending on the Emacs service. To
                                                                     ^
                                                                     double space
> get the same functionality with --fg-daemon, use Type=notify instead of
> Type=simple and explicitly send a readiness notification to systemd at
> the point where the forked process would in --bg-daemon mode notify its
> parent process and cause it to exit.
> * etc/emacs.service: update Type

The ChangeLog entries should be captilalized and end with a period:
"Update Type."

> * src/emacs.c (daemon-initialized): call sd_notify()

Same here.

I think it should have a NEWS entry mentioning that Emacs now supports
this systemd notification feature.  I would probably go ahead and
combine with #31521, since it's using the same feature.