Subject: bug#31498: [PATCH] Notify systemd in daemon-initialized

From: Noam Postavsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2018 20:41:36 -0400

Lucas Werkmeister <[email-masked]> writes:

> I haven’t assigned copyright yet, but I’d be happy to do so – I’ve tried
> to get the process started on emacs-devel.

Cool, since this patch will be destined for Emacs 27, there's not much
urgency, so I'll wait for that to resolve before pushing.

>> I think it should have a NEWS entry mentioning that Emacs now supports
>> this systemd notification feature.  I would probably go ahead and
>> combine with #31521, since it's using the same feature.
>> 
>
> Do you mean, announce both in this patch, or completely merge that patch
> into this one?

The latter (maybe it would have been clearer to put those two sentences
in separate paragraphs).

> Once I’ve fixed the problems locally, what’s the best way to re-roll the
> patch in this bug tracking system? Should I try to configure `git
> send-email` to reply to the right email (and with the right bug in CC),
> or perhaps use `git format-patch` and add the patch file as a regular
> attachment in a manual response?

Either way is fine I guess, though I've never tried 'git send-email'
myself.