Subject: Re: [bug#31485] [PATCH] gnu: Add uncrustify.

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Sun, 20 May 2018 22:31:40 +0200

Hi Pierre,

Pierre Neidhardt <[email-masked]> skribis:

>> Maybe: “Indent source code written in C or related languages”?
>> (I wasn’t sure what “beautifier” meant.)
>
> Well, technically "indent" is only about the spacing to the margin.
> Beautifiers (also known as prettifiers or formatters) do more than that,
> they also handle the spacing elsewhere, transform into idiomatic syntax,
> etc.
>
> I'm not sure which is better.  I like "code formatter".

Sure, it’s even clearer.

> * gnu/packages/pretty-print.scm (uncrustify): New variable.

There are two minor issues from my previous email that we should
resolve:

> Perhaps indent.scm or code.scm would be a better match?

and:

> Should be ‘gpl2+’ (version 2 “or any later version”).

I’m happy to fix both on your behalf if that’s fine with you, or you can
send an updated patch.

Let me know!

Thanks,
Ludo’.