Subject: bug#31483: 25.2; handling of links in eww

From: Jevon Longdell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2018 10:57:45 +1200

********************************************************
To arrive at this problem I:

1) M-x eww

and gave it the address: ltj.otago.ac.nz

2) Clicked on the link "ELEC441 Course Documents"

It said "Loading http://http:linearsystems/"

Other browsers end up at http://ltj.otago.ac.nz/linearsystems/ which is
where I wanted to go.

I have to admit that I am responsible for this webpage and a bit of an
amateur so it might be my shoddy HTML is at fault. That said all other
browsers I have tried have no problems.

the HTML for the link in that is followed incorrectly is:
<a href="http:linearsystems">ELEC441 Course Documents</a>

**************************************************************

In GNU Emacs 25.2.2 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.22.21)
 of 2017-09-23, modified by Debian built on lgw01-amd64-050
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11906000
System Description:	Ubuntu 18.04 LTS

Configured using:
 'configure --build x86_64-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr
 --sharedstatedir=/var/lib --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/var/lib --infodir=/usr/share/info
 --mandir=/usr/share/man --with-pop=yes
 --enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs25:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/25.2/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/25.2/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --with-sound=alsa --without-gconf --build x86_64-linux-gnu
 --prefix=/usr --sharedstatedir=/var/lib --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/var/lib --infodir=/usr/share/info
 --mandir=/usr/share/man --with-pop=yes
 --enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs25:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/25.2/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/25.2/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --with-sound=alsa --without-gconf --with-x=yes --with-x-toolkit=gtk3
 --with-toolkit-scroll-bars 'CFLAGS=-g -O2
 -fdebug-prefix-map=/build/emacs25-jYekUr/emacs25-25.2+1=.
-fstack-protector-strong
 -Wformat -Werror=format-security -Wall' 'CPPFLAGS=-Wdate-time
 -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2' 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions -Wl,-z,relro''

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS NOTIFY
ACL LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_NZ.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: eww

Minor modes in effect:
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  global-company-mode: t
  company-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  pyvenv-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
No new items
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Contacting host: ltj.otago.ac.nz:80
ImageMagick error: no decode delegate for this image format `' @
error/blob.c/BlobToImage/353 [3 times]
Contacting host: http%3alinearsystems:80
open-network-stream: http%3alinearsystems/80 Name or service not known
i is undefined
completing-read-default: Command attempted to use minibuffer while in
minibuffer
Contacting host: ltj.otago.ac.nz:80
ImageMagick error: no decode delegate for this image format `' @
error/blob.c/BlobToImage/353 [5 times]

Load-path shadows:
/usr/share/emacs/25.2/site-lisp/debian-startup hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/debian-startup
/home/jevon/.emacs.d/elpa/let-alist-1.0.5/let-alist hides
/usr/share/emacs/25.2/lisp/emacs-lisp/let-alist
/home/jevon/.emacs.d/elpa/seq-2.20/seq hides
/usr/share/emacs/25.2/lisp/emacs-lisp/seq
/usr/share/emacs25/site-lisp/auctex/context-en hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/auctex/context-en
/usr/share/emacs25/site-lisp/auctex/texmathp hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/auctex/texmathp
/usr/share/emacs25/site-lisp/auctex/tex-jp hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/auctex/tex-jp
/usr/share/emacs25/site-lisp/auctex/prv-emacs hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/auctex/prv-emacs
/usr/share/emacs25/site-lisp/auctex/context hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/auctex/context
/usr/share/emacs25/site-lisp/auctex/multi-prompt hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/auctex/multi-prompt
/usr/share/emacs25/site-lisp/auctex/tex-fold hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/auctex/tex-fold
/usr/share/emacs25/site-lisp/auctex/tex-mik hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/auctex/tex-mik
/usr/share/emacs25/site-lisp/auctex/context-nl hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/auctex/context-nl
/usr/share/emacs25/site-lisp/auctex/tex hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/auctex/tex
/usr/share/emacs25/site-lisp/auctex/tex-ispell hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/auctex/tex-ispell
/usr/share/emacs25/site-lisp/auctex/tex-info hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/auctex/tex-info
/usr/share/emacs25/site-lisp/auctex/latex hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/auctex/latex
/usr/share/emacs25/site-lisp/auctex/font-latex hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/auctex/font-latex
/usr/share/emacs25/site-lisp/auctex/preview hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/auctex/preview
/usr/share/emacs25/site-lisp/auctex/tex-font hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/auctex/tex-font
/usr/share/emacs25/site-lisp/auctex/plain-tex hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/auctex/plain-tex
/usr/share/emacs25/site-lisp/auctex/tex-buf hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/auctex/tex-buf
/usr/share/emacs25/site-lisp/auctex/bib-cite hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/auctex/bib-cite
/usr/share/emacs25/site-lisp/auctex/tex-style hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/auctex/tex-style
/usr/share/emacs25/site-lisp/auctex/tex-bar hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/auctex/tex-bar
/usr/share/emacs25/site-lisp/auctex/toolbar-x hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/auctex/toolbar-x

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rfc822 mml mml-sec epg mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail
network-stream nsm starttls url-http tls gnutls mail-parse rfc2231
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums url-gw url-cache url-auth eww mm-url gnus
gnus-ems nnheader mail-utils url-queue url url-proxy url-privacy
url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util
mailcap shr dom browse-url vc-git flyspell ispell org-element org-rmail
org-mhe org-irc org-info org-gnus org-docview doc-view jka-compr
image-mode dired org-bibtex bibtex org-bbdb org-w3m company-oddmuse
company-keywords company-etags company-gtags company-dabbrev-code
company-dabbrev company-files company-capf company-cmake company-xcode
company-clang company-semantic company-eclim company-template
company-css company-nxml company-bbdb paren elec-pair recentf
tree-widget org-mobile org-agenda org org-macro org-footnote
org-pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities noutline outline
org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp
org-src ob-keys ob-comint ob-core ob-eval org-compat org-macs
org-loaddefs find-func cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs cl projectile
ibuf-ext ibuffer dash yasnippet highlight-indentation flymake company
edmacro kmacro elpy find-file-in-project ivy delsel ivy-overlay ffap
thingatpt url-parse url-vars windmove diff-mode easy-mmode elpy-shell
pyvenv esh-var esh-io esh-cmd esh-opt esh-ext esh-proc esh-arg
esh-groups eshell esh-module esh-mode esh-util elpy-profile elpy-django
s elpy-refactor subr-x python tramp-sh tramp tramp-compat auth-source
gnus-util mm-util help-fns mail-prsvr password-cache tramp-loaddefs
trampver ucs-normalize shell pcomplete format-spec advice json map ido
grep compile comint ansi-color files-x etags xref cl-seq project eieio
eieio-core cl-macs ring cus-edit cus-start cus-load wid-edit finder-inf
info package epg-config seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra
help-mode easymenu cconv cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib preview-latex tex-site
auto-loads time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win term/common-win x-dnd
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment
elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan
thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian
slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese charscript
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote dbusbind inotify
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk
x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 448122 15919)
 (symbols 48 44778 0)
 (miscs 40 2813 1345)
 (strings 32 103574 18876)
 (string-bytes 1 3235441)
 (vectors 16 65267)
 (vector-slots 8 1387038 66010)
 (floats 8 473 428)
 (intervals 56 441 0)
 (buffers 976 20))

-- 
-- 
==================================================
 Jevon Longdell
 Associate Professor

 Department of Physics | Tari o te Ahupūngao
 University of Otago   | Te Whare Wānanga o Otāgo
 New Zealand           | Aotearoa

 Tel +64 3 479 4122
 Mobile +64 21 279 4122

 http://www.physics.otago.ac.nz/qo
 Skype username: jevonlongdell
==================================================