Subject: bug#31460: 25.2; vc-dired in SVN hides up-to-date files

From: Francesco Potortì <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 2021 18:26:47 +0200

>
>Francesco Potortì <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>>>>>> on an svn-controlled directory which is completely updated only
>>>>>> shows unregistered files.
>>>>>
>>>>> Or changed, deleted, etc.
>>>> 
>>>> Well, yes, by updated I mean that all changes have been committed.
>>>
>>>Committed when? And how?
>>
>> I edit a file under svn.  I save and I commit it with vc-next-action.
>> Then I look at the directory with vc-dir.
>
>(I'm going through old bug reports that unfortunately weren't resolved
>at the time.)
>
>This is how vc-dir is supposed to work -- it only shows files that
>aren't up-to-date (i.e., changed, unregistered, etc).  So this is
>working as designed, and I'm therefore closing this bug report.  (If I
>misunderstood what you meant here, please respond to the debbugs address
>and we'll reopen.)

I think you understood.  Only, at the time it seemd unreasonable to me
that vc-dir does not show all vc-controlled files.  In time, I got used
to it but I still think that being able to see all files is a must, and
it shluld be possible to use such a view by default.

Thanks for your maintainance work