Subject: Re: bug#3145: 23.0.92; detaching GTK+ tool bar crashes emacs --daemon

From: Stephen Berman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2016 10:28:14 +0200

On Sun, 10 Apr 2016 23:40:06 +0100 Alan Third <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Jan Djärv <[email-masked]> writes:
>>
>>> You are correct, the fix in Gtk+ is no good, it is obvious that they
>>> didn't test the fix.
>>> I've reopened the Gtk+ bug for this with new information:
>>> http://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=581110
>>>
>>> Hopefully a better fix will come.
>>
>> This bug remains with "severity: critical" and no fix in the gtk bug
>> tracker.  So perhaps Emacs should do a workaround anyway?
>
> The Gtk+ bug is now marked "resolved obsolete" as the widget is
> deprecated. Does anyone know if it was ever fixed or if it's even still
> an issue? (I don't have a Gtk+ set-up to test on.)

With GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (x86_64-suse-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.14.2) of
2014-10-15 on build05 I do not get a crash by executing either of the
two recipes given in this bug thread, so I assume it was either fixed
somewhere or maybe it was only a bug with GTK2 (that's what I was using
when I reported the bug, but I cannot currently test that).  Moreover,
it's a nonissue for Emacs 25, since there the GTK+ tool bar is no longer
detachable.  So I think this bug can be closed.

Steve Berman