Subject: Re: bug#31446: 26.1; sql-interactive-mode buffer naming is broken

From: Phil Sainty <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2018 16:01:13 +1200

On 2018-05-22 14:37, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> What is "C-u C-u" supposed to achieve?  It isn't called out in the
> doc strings, AFAICS, is it?

Well that's an excellent question.  `sql-product-interactive' does 
support
C-u C-u, but I realise now that that `product' is its prefix arg and in 
the
case of C-u C-u it sets a value of '(4) for `new-name'; so you're right 
--
there's no particular need to support other values.  Personally I would 
still
be inclined to use `consp' just so that additional C-u presses didn't 
result
in the odd names that you currently get, but that's obviously not a 
major
concern.

>> Another difference from Emacs 25 is that using a prefix arg in Emacs 
>> 25
>> was guaranteed to create a new buffer/process (if the chosen buffer 
>> name
>> conflicted then it was uniquified), whereas the new code is switching 
>> to
>> the pre-existing buffer in the situation.
> 
> This will have to be dealt with after Emacs 26.1 release.

Ok.

-Phil