Subject: [bug#31434] [PATCH 0/2] OpenMPI 3.0

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Wed, 23 May 2018 14:00:23 +0200

A somewhat related issue that a colleague pointed out is whether we
should build with ‘--enable-mpirun-prefix-by-default’, which README
documents like this:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
--enable-mpirun-prefix-by-default
  This option forces the "mpirun" command to always behave as if
  "--prefix $prefix" was present on the command line (where $prefix is
  the value given to the --prefix option to configure).  This prevents
  most rsh/ssh-based users from needing to modify their shell startup
  files to set the PATH and/or LD_LIBRARY_PATH for Open MPI on remote
  nodes.  Note, however, that such users may still desire to set PATH
  -- perhaps even in their shell startup files -- so that executables
  such as mpicc and mpirun can be found without needing to type long
  path names.  --enable-orterun-prefix-by-default is a synonym for
  this option.
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

It looks like something we may want.  Thoughts?

Ludo’.