Subject: bug#31380: [core-updates] grub fails to build on i686-linux

From: Mark H Weaver <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 May 2018 15:59:56 -0400

On the 'core-updates' branch, both 'grub' and 'grub-efi' fail to build
on i686-linux.  See below for the relevant excerpt from the build log
of 'grub-efi', but the error is the same for both.

  https://hydra.gnu.org/build/2675846
  https://hydra.gnu.org/build/2684033

      Mark

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
lib/i386/relocator64.S: Assembler messages:
lib/i386/relocator64.S:66: Error: unknown pseudo-op: `.code64'
lib/i386/relocator64.S:74: Error: bad register name `%rax'
lib/i386/relocator64.S:88: Error: bad register name `%rsp'
lib/i386/relocator64.S:98: Error: bad register name `%rax'
lib/i386/relocator64.S:132: Error: bad register name `%rip)'
make[3]: *** [Makefile:28996: lib/i386/relocator_module-relocator64.o] Error 1
make[3]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
mv -f lib/.deps-core/crypto_module-crypto.Tpo lib/.deps-core/crypto_module-crypto.Po
mv -f lib/i386/.deps-core/relocator_module-relocator.Tpo lib/i386/.deps-core/relocator_module-relocator.Po
mv -f fs/.deps-core/xfs_module-xfs.Tpo fs/.deps-core/xfs_module-xfs.Po
make[3]: Leaving directory '/tmp/guix-build-grub-efi-2.02.drv-0/grub-2.02/grub-core'
make[2]: *** [Makefile:23531: all] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory '/tmp/guix-build-grub-efi-2.02.drv-0/grub-2.02/grub-core'
make[1]: *** [Makefile:10904: all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/tmp/guix-build-grub-efi-2.02.drv-0/grub-2.02'
make: *** [Makefile:3130: all] Error 2
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---