Subject: bug#31377: closed (Re: bug#31377: mpd state file)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2018 20:48:02 +0000

Your bug report

#31377: mpd state file

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
31377: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=31377
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#31377: mpd state file
From: Leo Famulari <[email-masked]>
To: Bradley Haggerty <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2018 16:46:22 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On Fri, Nov 02, 2018 at 07:21:16PM +0000, Bradley Haggerty wrote:
>  I just manually launch mpd rather than have a shepherd service do it, and
> doing it this way I just use my config from another distro. The state file
> works with this configuration. I think the thing it wasn't working with was
> a shepherd service, which I can't use for other reasons.

Okay, it's working for me now without having to do anything special, so
I'm closing this bug.

Subject: mpd state file
From: Bradley Haggerty <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 7 May 2018 02:30:24 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

There doesn't seem to currently be support for an mpd state file. On
another distro, in my mpd config I would have a line like this:
state_file "~/.config/mpd/state"

and it would basically keep all the songs I had played before in its
temporary playlist. Currently if I restart mpd, this gets wiped. You can
visually look at it via ncmpcpp in the main window. Anything that you put
there goes away after an mpd restart.