Subject: Re: bug#31371: 26.1; Menu-bar stops working after search

From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2019 16:13:18 +0100

Alan Third <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Mon, Oct 14, 2019 at 02:44:21PM +0200, Stefan Kangas wrote:
>> > Thanks for testing. Updated patch attached.
>> 
>> Thanks.  Are there any objections to installing this fix?
>
> My only concern is that I believe the postponement stops lisp codie
> being run within the NS event loop, but if nobody’s seeing any crashes
> with the patch applied then I have no problem with it being applied.
>
> (caveat: I’ve not tried the patch myself)

Thanks.  I haven't seen any crashes, but I haven't subjected it to any
heavy testing besides making sure that it solves the issue.

Perhaps we could apply it to give it some real world testing.  We
could always revert the patch before Emacs 27.1 is released if it
turns out to cause any problems.  Any objections to that plan?
Otherwise, I'll go ahead and do that in a couple of days.

Best regards,
Stefan Kangas