Subject: bug#31370: Can not make Diffutils on Debian

From: ateymuri <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 5 May 2018 10:40:00 +0200

I am getting this error while running make in the source directory:

Making all in lib
make[1]: Entering directory '/home/amir/Downloads/diffutils-3.2/lib'
make  all-recursive
make[2]: Entering directory '/home/amir/Downloads/diffutils-3.2/lib'
make[3]: Entering directory '/home/amir/Downloads/diffutils-3.2/lib'
  CC       exclude.o
In file included from exclude.c:31:0:
./stdio.h:1012:1: error: 'gets' undeclared here (not in a function)
 _GL_WARN_ON_USE (gets, "gets is a security hole - use fgets instead");
 ^
Makefile:1441: recipe for target 'exclude.o' failed
make[3]: *** [exclude.o] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory '/home/amir/Downloads/diffutils-3.2/lib'
Makefile:1463: recipe for target 'all-recursive' failed
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/amir/Downloads/diffutils-3.2/lib'
Makefile:1233: recipe for target 'all' failed
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/amir/Downloads/diffutils-3.2/lib'
Makefile:1071: recipe for target 'all-recursive' failed
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

Can any one help?

Regards,
Amir