Subject: vc-chlog reports "test: Illegal number" errors

From: Bruno Haible <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 05 May 2018 02:50:04 +0200

How to reproduce:

$ wget -O gettext-clean.tar.xz 'https://www.dropbox.com/s/01pkbqsydi5ix0v/gettext-clean.tar.xz?dl=0'
$ tar xf gettext-clean.tar.xz
$ cd gettext-clean
$ vc-chlog > /tmp/xx
/usr/gnu/bin/vc-chlog: 459: test: Illegal number: +
/usr/gnu/bin/vc-chlog: 458: test: Illegal number: +
/usr/gnu/bin/vc-chlog: 474: test: Illegal number: +
/usr/gnu/bin/vc-chlog: 459: test: Illegal number: gettext-runtime/m4/longlong.m4
/usr/gnu/bin/vc-chlog: 458: test: Illegal number: gettext-runtime/m4/longlong.m4
/usr/gnu/bin/vc-chlog: 474: test: Illegal number: gettext-runtime/m4/longlong.m4
/usr/gnu/bin/vc-chlog: 483: test: Illegal number: /tmp/vccJw9Bn8/oldfile-20-longlong.m4
/usr/gnu/bin/vc-chlog: 482: test: Illegal number: /tmp/vccJw9Bn8/oldfile-20-longlong.m4
/usr/gnu/bin/vc-chlog: 498: test: Illegal number: /tmp/vccJw9Bn8/oldfile-20-longlong.m4
$ vc-chlog --version
vc-chlog version 1.8

This is on Linux (Ubuntu 16.04).

Bruno