Subject: ERROR: In procedure scm-error: no code for module (guix build utils)

From: George myglc2 Clemmer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 May 2018 20:17:01 -0400

This just appears in the last day or so. Running guix (GNU Guix)
0.14.0.4837-d6ed4 I see ...

cd guix && guix environment guix -- make
The following derivations will be built:
   /gnu/store/mcfys0glgv1hnq5mrcs9xnmn4bpzr3ys-profile.drv
   /gnu/store/qikmbskc6598vld2lhb2pn30h1rwxgc8-xdg-mime-database.drv
   /gnu/store/izxixb30i4r79gahirb4nj5ay0z8nzv1-info-dir.drv
   /gnu/store/bdg4x3925r9l3458li48hp1i26shd7yw-manual-database.drv
Backtrace:
          10 (primitive-load "/gnu/store/611mdvnasj59v5j46g8mhq7aw0g?")
In ice-9/eval.scm:
   721:20  9 (primitive-eval (begin (use-modules (guix build #) ?) ?))
In ice-9/psyntax.scm:
  1235:36  8 (expand-top-sequence ((begin (use-modules (# # ?) ?) ?)) ?)
  1182:24  7 (parse _ (("placeholder" placeholder)) ((top) #(# # ?)) ?)
  1182:24  6 (parse _ (("placeholder" placeholder)) ((top) #(# # ?)) ?)
   285:10  5 (parse _ (("placeholder" placeholder)) (()) _ c&e (eval) ?)
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
  3365:20  4 (process-use-modules _)
   222:17  3 (map1 (((guix build utils)) ((srfi srfi-1)) ((srfi ?)) ?))
  3366:31  2 (_ ((guix build utils)))
   2791:6  1 (resolve-interface _ #:select _ #:hide _ #:prefix _ # _ ?)
In unknown file:
           0 (scm-error misc-error #f "~A ~S" ("no code for modu?" ?) ?)

ERROR: In procedure scm-error:
no code for module (guix build utils)
Creating manual page database...
builder for `/gnu/store/izxixb30i4r79gahirb4nj5ay0z8nzv1-info-dir.drv' failed with exit code 1
cannot build derivation `/gnu/store/mcfys0glgv1hnq5mrcs9xnmn4bpzr3ys-profile.drv': 1 dependencies couldn't be built
guix environment: error: build failed: build of `/gnu/store/mcfys0glgv1hnq5mrcs9xnmn4bpzr3ys-profile.drv' failed
make: *** [Makefile:9: guix/] Error 1

FWIW, guix (GNU Guix) 0.14.0-11.ab85cf7 doesn't generate the error.

HTH - George