Subject: Re: bug#31366: Missing icons in virt-manager user-interface

From: Mike Gerwitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2018 21:12:11 -0400

On Fri, Aug 31, 2018 at 15:11:49 +0200, Ricardo Wurmus wrote:
> Much like we pin search path recommendations to certain “root” packages
> we could do something similar for recommended packages.  “glibc”, for
> example, could recommend “glibc-locales”; having a package installed
> that links with glibc (i.e. all of them) would result in a
> recommendation to also install the “glibc-locales” package.  For “gtk+”
> the recommendation could be to also install one of the icon themes.
> Installing any package depending on “gtk+” would then lead to a
> recommendation to install one of these packages.

That seems like desirable behavior to me.

> Unfortunately, some of these recommendations will only be correct when
> using Guix on top of a foreign distribution, because we handle common
> scenarios on the Guix-based GNU system directly.

I can't comment on that, but in this virt-manager case, I did experience
the issue on GuixSD.

-- 
Mike Gerwitz