Subject: Re: bug#31356: Some videos don't work with recent Icecat

From: Nils Gillmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 5 May 2018 09:53:51 +0000

Clément Lassieur transcribed 475 bytes:
> Nils Gillmann <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > Hi, thanks for reporting it.
> >
> > This is not a bug, however it has been reported multiple times in the past.
> > This is a not so obvious reminder that you need to install the some of the
> > codecs into your global or user profile.
> 
> Hi ng0,
> 
> I'd be happy to know about codecs that can be installed in one's profile
> (and thus aren't shipped with the Icecat package) and would improve
> Icecat user experience.
> 
> Thanks,
> Clément

Hm... usually I would've replied "the gstreamer ones, -ugly, -base, -good"
but I don't have them installed. I am not using icecat and for my aurora esr
package I think videos just work.

I'm running an update here so I can't install anything right now, but in
the past the gst plugins would've been my definite reply if something was
missing.

Sorry for assuming I had this. I have over 270 profile generations, nothing
showed up indicating that this time I have this.