Subject: bug#31351: 27.0; Cannot send bug report with Outlook if text includes backquoted sexps

From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2018 17:55:14 -0700 (PDT)

I tried several times to send the bug report that you find in bug
#31350.  I could not do so with Emacs 25 or later.  My mail client is
Outlook 2016.

Each time I tried, I got this Outlook error message:

  The command line argument is not valid.
  Verify the switch you are using.

I have no idea what the command line is that is sent to Outlook.

I finally succeeded in sending the bug report by deleting the two code
lines from it that you see in bug #31350 after this line of text:

  These are the two clauses in question:

Please refer to that bug for the two lines of code.

I deleted those two lines and was able to get the bug report from Emacs
to a new Outlook message, and I inserted the two code lines into that
Outlook message, then sent it.

Something seems wrong in Emacs (or Outlook?) if Emacs cannot get Outlook
to create a message that includes such simple text.

In GNU Emacs 27.0.50 (build 3, x86_64-w64-mingw32)
 of 2018-03-21
Repository revision: e70d0c9e66d7a8609450b2889869d16aeb0363b5
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
 `configure --without-dbus --host=x86_64-w64-mingw32
 --without-compress-install -C 'CFLAGS=-O2 -static -g3''