Subject: bug#31341: closed (Re: bug#31341: 26.1; setting ispell-base-dicts-override-alist no longer working)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 04 May 2018 14:28:02 +0000

Your bug report

#31341: 26.1; setting ispell-base-dicts-override-alist no longer working

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
31341: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=31341
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#31341: 26.1; setting ispell-base-dicts-override-alist no longer working
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: Anders Johansson <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 04 May 2018 17:27:19 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> From: Anders Johansson <[email-masked]>
> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
> Date: Wed, 02 May 2018 21:20:02 +0200
> 
> 
> A recipe for testing. Putting the following code in a file 
> ispell-test.el and running ‘emacs -Q l ispell-test.el‘ gives a 
> positive result for ispell.el byte-compiled without 
> lexical-binding and negative result with lexical binding.
> It also works to just add (defvar 
> ispell-base-dicts-override-alist) in ispell.el.

Thanks, I installed a fix in the emacs-26 branch.

Subject: 26.1; setting ispell-base-dicts-override-alist no longer working
From: Anders Johansson <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 02 May 2018 17:05:10 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

After updating to the 26.1 release candidate the custom 
dictionaries I have added via ispell-base-dicts-override-alist are 
no longer added.

I believe that this bug is due to ispell.el being compiled with 
lexical-binding since 26.1, which means that the value of 
ispell-base-dicts-override-alist set via 
ispell-initialize-spellchecker-hook will no longer be in scope in 
the body of ispell-set-spellchecker-params.
(This is the recommended usage in the docstring of 
ispell-initialize-spellchecker-hook).

I guess some other mechanism would have to be devised when using 
lexical-binding.

In GNU Emacs 26.1 (build 3, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 
3.22.30)
 of 2018-04-29 built on ajjb
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 
11.0.11906000
Recent messages:

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --libexecdir=/usr/lib 
 --localstatedir=/var --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-xft 
 --with-modules 'CFLAGS=-march=x86-64 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe 
 -fstack-protector-strong -fno-plt' CPPFLAGS=-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 
 LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1,--sort-common,--as-needed,-z,relro,-z,now'
Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS 
NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB 
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 MODULES THREADS LIBSYSTEMD LCMS2
Important settings:
  value of $LC_MONETARY: sv_SE.UTF-8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: sv_SE.UTF-8
  value of $LC_TIME: sv_SE.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: sv_SE.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix