Subject: bug#31325: 27.0.50; PROPOSAL: introduce a new function to recenter without redisplaying the frame

From: John Shahid <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2018 16:54:53 +0000

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> From: John Shahid <[email-masked]>
>> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], [email-masked]
>> Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2018 13:17:17 +0000
>>
>> Fixed in the attached patch.
>
> Thanks, pushed to the master branch.
>
> Please in the future mention the bug number in the log message, and
> also grep the sources for callers of the functions you change.  (In
> this case, there was one caller in w32console.c, and it wouldn't
> compile after the change, because the number of arguments changed.)

Thanks Eli.  Sorry about that, I will try to be more careful in the
future.

It just occurred to me that this change will break backward
comparability for those who bind some key to the `recenter' command,
since now the second argument will always be nil and thus won't
redisplay.  Should we also change the interactive form of recenter to
use "p" for the second argument?  That way the second arg is never nil
when used interactively.