Subject: Re: [bug#31322] [PATCH 3/6] gnu: Add poppler-data.

From: Leo Famulari <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2018 20:55:43 -0400

On Tue, May 01, 2018 at 12:40:24AM +0200, Marius Bakke wrote:
> (package-home-page poppler)

Thanks

> Or maybe just BSD-3, it only differs from the template in this text

Yeah, the linter got me to look again and I changed it to bsd-3.

> Also, since it is never specified that it's GPL2 only, maybe we should
> use GPL2+?

COPYING says this:

"The cidToUnicode, nameToUnicode and unicodeMap data files
installed by the poppler-data package are Copyright Glyph & Cog, LLC
and are under the COPYING.gpl2 license"

And from COPYING.gpl2:

"If the Program specifies a version number of this License which applies to it
and "any later version", you have the option of following the terms and
conditions either of that version or of any later version published by the Free
Software Foundation.  If the Program does not specify a version number of this
License, you may choose any version ever published by the Free Software
Foundation."

I interpret the reference to COPYING.gpl2 in the COPYING file to specify
version 2, although it's likely they didn't give much thought to this
issue, since the files in question are not software, but just some data.