Subject: bug#31311: 27.0; doc of `pcase'

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 May 2018 13:18:47 +0200

() Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
() Mon, 30 Apr 2018 22:31:14 +0300

   Thanks!

Trundling along, so far so good.  I wish to call attention to
(i.e., explicitly request input for) these two recent commits:

* c6e9b975f  add some Issue comments; nfc

  This first set of ponderables revolves around the precise
  semantics of the SYMBOL let-binding feature.

* b93c07ef0  (docstring) add inline Issue re sub-patterns of structural patterns

  This is a writing question, mostly, i think.

Additionally, related to SYMBOL binding, i see (in *scratch*):

  a.  (pcase t   ('t   'true))  => true
  b.  (pcase nil ('nil 'false)) => false
  c.  (pcase t   (t    'true))  => true
  d.  (pcase nil (nil  'false)) |= ERROR: Unknown pattern ‘nil’

and wonder if/how to approach this corner case in the docs.  I
suppose before anything, i'd like to confirm that c. and d. are
correct and intended (i believe a. and b. to be correct and
intended, but maybe i'm missing something there, too!).

For anyone just joining, these commits are on the branch
‘fix/bug-31311-pcase-doc’ (off of ‘emacs-26’).  Feedback on
anything there is most welcome!

-- 
Thien-Thi Nguyen -----------------------------------------------
 (defun responsep (query)
   (pcase (context query)
     (`(technical ,ml) (correctp ml))
     ...))                              748E A0E8 1CB8 A748 9BFA
--------------------------------------- 6CE4 6703 2224 4C80 7502