Subject: Re: bug#31311: 27.0; doc of `pcase'

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2018 15:35:32 +0200

() Noam Postavsky <[email-masked]>
() Mon, 30 Apr 2018 07:20:23 -0400

   It's relevant if potential contributors turn away/tune
   out/ignore the whole thing due to the unpleasant discussion.

No worries from my part.  Unpleasant discussion is better than
no discussion, IMHO.  Anyway, to start transforming discussion
energy (pleasant or otherwise) into repo commits, i've just
pushed branch ‘fix/bug-31311-pcase-doc’, w/ these commits:

 4ad382d 2018-04-30 add blank line before each @item in @table
 8fccdaa 2018-04-30 rewrite @item @var{atom}
 afb5aa4 2018-04-30 move UPattern and QPattern tables outside of @defmac pcase
 0fa3538 2018-04-30 add blank line before each @item in @table

Don't worry about the informal tone; i intend to eventually
squash this branch to a (single) commit, and normalize the
commit message to Emacs standards, etc.

In the meantime, i invite people to push freely to it.  Many of
the suggestions i've seen in this thread have merit at first
blush.  Let's try to realize them (or rationale alternatives),
together, and see how the concrete result stands.  In this way,
we do a kind of "git rebase changes discussion", hopefully
improve the discussion (too!), and most importantly, take
forward action on this important (i'm a big fan of ‘pcase’)
task.

"But ttn, you sound like one of those manglement types!"

Yes, but hopefully i act better than most of them out there, by
doing and encouraging others to do.

-- 
Thien-Thi Nguyen -----------------------------------------------
 (defun responsep (query)
   (pcase (context query)
     (`(technical ,ml) (correctp ml))
     ...))                              748E A0E8 1CB8 A748 9BFA
--------------------------------------- 6CE4 6703 2224 4C80 7502