Subject: bug#31311: 27.0; doc of `pcase'

From: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2018 17:18:14 +0200

Thien-Thi Nguyen <[email-masked]> writes:

> Please see these commits:
>  80ed201  (docstring) explode "ATOM"; flatten; zonk "match themselves" sentence
>  f927f6a  (docstring) move { 'VAL, KEYWORD, INTEGER, STRING } prior to SYMBOL

Ok, fine.

Personally I would prefer to have KEYWORD, INTEGER and STRING in one
line, like

KEYWORD, INTEGER, STRING
                shorthand for \\='KEYWORD, \\='INTEGER,
                and \\='STRING

so that we have as least different cases as possible in the item list.

> Similarly, for QPAT:
>  e436b49  for structural / Q-pattern, replace "atom" w/ SYMBOL, INTEGER, STRING
>
> The list in Texinfo has been likewise re-ordered.  (Sorry, too
> much bother to dig up specific commits -- you can build .info or
> .pdf and take a look for yourself.)

It's ok for me.  I'll have a look at the complete change when the
details are done.

> Change of focus: In commit 5b775cf3fc there is an Issue.  WDYT?

Yes, the code seems a bit half-baked.  I don't recall why these cases
are so problematic that they are handled this way.  I think Stefan will
know.

Michael.